[sugar] Runtime problems on Ubuntu edgy (6.10)

Mike Hunter mhunter
Fri Dec 8 17:28:09 EST 2006

On Dec 07 at 16:01, "To Robert Staudinger" wrote:

> On Dec 07 at 04:49, "Robert Staudinger" wrote:
>
> > On 12/7/06, Mike Hunter <mhunter at lusars.net> wrote:
> >

> I'm going to try starting over from scratch.  Thanks for your help, you may
> be hearing from me again soon :)

Unfortunately I'm still having problems.  The initial build seems to work
but now I don't see an abiword icon at all in sugar.  Trying to build
pyabiword seems to give the most helpful error messages...abiword and
abiword-2.5 just give python "module not found" errors.

./sugar-jhbuild buildone pyabiword
*** Checking out pyabiword *** [1/1]

cvs -z3 -q -d :pserver:anoncvs at anoncvs.abisource.com:/cvsroot update -P -d -A .
? Makefile.in
? aclocal.m4
? autom4te.cache
? config.log
? configure
? libtool
? src/Makefile.in
*** Configuring pyabiword *** [1/1]

./autogen.sh --prefix /home/mhunter/sugar-jhbuild/build  --disable-static --disable-gtk-doc

checking for ABIWORD... configure: error: Package requirements ("abiword-2.5") were not met:

No package 'abiword-2.5' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables ABIWORD_CFLAGS
and ABIWORD_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

*** error during stage configure of pyabiword: Error running ./autogen.sh --prefix /home/mhunter/sugar-jhbuild/build  --disable-static --disable-gtk-doc *** [1/1]

Is it a sign that something wrong that there's no abiword* in sources?

% ls sources | grep abi
pyabiword

Would pointing the build at a copy of the abiword source help?

Thanks!

Mike

--
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because I have been standing in
the footprints of giants." (seen on usenet)