[sugar] usb stick in the terminal?

Dan Williams dcbw
Wed Dec 6 07:48:12 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 00:45 -0500, Ivan Krsti? wrote:
> Erik Blankinship wrote:
> > 1) We are asked for filesystem type (we use sysfs, and get it to
> > accept... the drive was formatted "unix" on a mac :-) )
>
> mount(8) can't autodetect your fs, which means it's at least not among
> {vfat, ext2, ext3}. I suggest reformatting the drive on a Linux machine,
> by plugging it in and doing:
>
>     # mke2fs /dev/sda1

If you formatted it on a Mac, it's likely going to be UFS, or Unix File
System.  Don't Do This :)  You want to format the thing as VFAT/FAT or
HFS.  Linux can ready either of those.

"sysfs" is a special file system type that Linux uses for configuration
and information about the internal file system, so that's not what you
want to mount it as either.

If you initialized it as FAT:

su -
mkdir /mnt/foo