[SoaS] Working Fedora Rawhide (will be F35) SoaS image to test

Alex Perez aperez at alexperez.com
Thu Jun 24 17:47:57 EDT 2021

Now that sugar-datastore correctly compiles under Fedora Rawhide (which
includes Python 10), we have our first usable Sugar on a Stick LiveUSB
image. This image is suitable for direct use in VMs such as VirtualBox,
or on bare metal, booted from a USB stick or DVD-ROM drive. The image is
~1.1 gigabytes, and can be downloaded here:

https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/compose/rawhide/Fedora-Rawhide-20210624.n.0/compose/Spins/x86_64/iso/Fedora-SoaS-Live-x86_64-Rawhide-20210624.n.0.iso

SoaS F35 includes Sugar 0.118, and supports only Python 3 activities.
There's no support for activities which have yet to be ported from Python 2.

Known issues so far are the Physics activity, which starts but isn't
usable due to a graphics issue, as well as the FotoToon activity, which
does not start. In a VirtualBox VM, sound works for me. I haven't tried
on real hardware yet.