[SoaS] Fwd: Fedora 33 Beta is GO

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 08:35:44 EDT 2020

On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 6:23 PM Alex Perez <aperez at alexperez.com> wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Peter Robinson wrote on 9/25/20 12:27 AM:
>
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 7:51 PM Alex Perez <aperez at alexperez.com> wrote:
>
>> FYI. Fedora 33 Beta is GO. The Final Freeze begins on 6 October, ~11 days
>> from today.
>>
>> Latest F33 SoaS beta at
>> https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/33_Beta-1.3/Spins/x86_64/iso/Fedora-SoaS-Live-x86_64-33_Beta-1.3.iso
>>

> Arm:
> https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/33_Beta-1.3/Spins/armhfp/images/Fedora-SoaS-armhfp-33_Beta-1.3-sda.raw.xz
>
> That means testing needs to be done NOW so any fixes can land by GA freeze.
>
> Understood
>

> It would also be nice to have fixes for the broken Activities
> (sugar-tookkit-gtk3 migrations, python3 migrations) that aren't in the SoAS
> spin and a review of working.
>
> Once F-33 is out I will be completely stepping down from anything sugar
> related, I really really don't have time for it.
>
> Understood. Thanks for the heads-up, peter. How do you suggest we achieve
> a clean transition of these responsibilities?

 Well Ibiam mostly has it in hand but he has quite a number of
interruptions and connectivity issues so I suggest the more the merrier and
work out how to monitor/update packages and follow bugs and build failures.

> For example SoAS is already broken in F-34 due to telepathy-salut not
> building with openssl 1.1 and the old 1.0 being retired because it's no
> longer getting security fixes. That will need someone's attention RSN.
>
> Good to know. It looks like there's a fix for this in the telepathy-salut
> Github repo, and it's been there since November of 2018:
>

> https://github.com/TelepathyIM/telepathy-salut/commit/90dbe5e74ccdd063cb123212a754f994c9d2019f
> ...so I guess I or Ibiam need to apply that patch to the telepathy-salut
> Fedora package.

Well you''re currently the maintainer so it would likely be good if you
did: https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/telepathy-salut