[SoaS] Urgent need to incorporate patch into sugar-toolkit-gtk3 for F32 SoaS, then request re-spin

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri May 1 06:42:19 EDT 2020

Alex,

> What is the process for requesting a re-spin of F32 SoaS? I've
> discovered an unfortunate bug in the release F32 SoaS
> sugar-toolkit-gtk3, and the necessary patch is here:

The process is one of two methods 1) get in a time machine and go back
to a time prior to release 2) we fix it for Fedora 33.

This is why we have a beta release and nightly builds and release
candidates on the way to GA, to test and get the bugs like this. We
can push the fix as an update for those that install SoaS but we don't
have the resources to completely respin the live images just because
you decided to only test things post release. I'm sorry, but we don't
have the resource for that, and it's been that way and communicated as
such since the original SoaS release.

An update will fix it for those running on installed systems just fine.

> https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-toolkit-gtk3/commit/2018c930adae85c18b1c51b5f80836fcad6c392c.patch
>
> This commit can be viewed at
> https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-toolkit-gtk3/commit/2018c930adae85c18b1c51b5f80836fcad6c392c

Please create a pull request against the package or coordinate with
Ibiam to get a PR done.

> I've verified it fixes the problem of not being able to start
> external/downloaded activities, by manually applying it from a running
> LiveCD/ISO environment with patch, then killing jarabe.
>
> I'd also like to request that we add the 'patch' package to the default
> list of installed packages, in the respin.

I don't know what you mean by "default list of installed packages". We
won't be re-spinning, the F-32 ship has sailed.