[SoaS] Pippy <- SoaS v10 TC5 tests with important activities INCLUDED in the standard distribution

Jean THIERY Jean.Thiery at ModLibre.info
Sun Dec 15 13:35:53 EST 2013

Hello,

Le 14/12/2013 16:10, Walter Bender a écrit :
> Please test using http://people.sugarlabs.org/walter/Pippy-54.xo

Thank you for this new version well adapted to developments.

NB 1: Paste [^V] don't seem to work
       so it is not possible to test Copy [^C].

NB 2: There are still problems with sound examples
       but I have to load TamTam !

----> Answer in a future message.

>> Life seems to work but classical figures do not appear :
>> - no stable squares,
>> - no oscillating bars,
>> - ...

NB 3: Life seems to work now : see the attached file
       tested on Sugar TC5 with Pippy-54.xo
       http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/20-TC5/Live/i386/
       and on DrPython (Ubuntu Linux)
       http://drpython.sourceforge.net/

Now, classical figures do appear
- stable squares, pentagons, hexagons, ...
- oscillating bars, ...

>> The problem is not a problem between Python and Sugar
>> but a problem within the Python program,
>> probably when counting nearest neighbors.
>>
>> I hope to be able to analyze this problem on Saturday or Sunday.

The problem was a Python problem.

Main changes :

*DrawGrid* displays the number of neighbors of living cells.
This is useful for tests but can be reversed later on.

*CountNeighbors* has been changed for proper counts.

*Iteraction* : the current grid is saved in grid0
since neighbors should be counted in the initial grid.

The grid is now rectangular for a larger display.
The width/height ratio should be adapted on the last line.

>>> thanks.

> regards.
>
> -walter

Sincerely hours,