[SoaS] Pippy <- SoaS v10 TC5 tests with important activities INCLUDED in the standard distribution

Jean THIERY Jean.Thiery at ModLibre.info
Fri Dec 13 12:59:53 EST 2013

Le 12/12/2013 23:13, Walter Bender a écrit :
> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 12:15 PM, Jean THIERY <Jean.Thiery at modlibre.info> wrote:
>> Le 12/12/2013 13:56, Walter Bender a écrit :
>>> Yes. Although I need to clean up the code included with Pippy.
>>> (A new Pippy will be released soon as well.)
>>
>> Thank you for this future Pippy version.
>
> Could you test http://people.sugarlabs.org/walter/Pippy-51.xo ?

I will do it during the week-end because I cannot do it presently.

>> On Sat, 07 Dec 2013 23:43:31 +0100 <Jean.Thiery at ModLibre.info> wrote
>>
>>> pippy-53 seems to work [ok] in general
>>> *but has PROBLEMS with some Python examples*
>>> *such as Life and ALL sounds*
>
> I think the sound examples should all work, as long as TamTam is
> installed and working.
>
>> For *sounds* there are messages such as
>> « NameError: global name '...' is not defined »
>>
>> For *Life* there is an old problem
>> probably due to "boundary conditions"
>> i.e, problems in matrix indexes.
>
> I couldn't find any problem with Life.
> Could you explain in more detail the problem?

Life seems to work but classical figures do not appear :
- no stable squares,
- no oscillating bars,
- ...

The problem is not a problem between Python and Sugar
but a problem within the Python program,
probably when counting nearest neighbors.

I hope to be able to analyze this problem on Saturday or Sunday.

> thanks.
>
>>> regards.
>>>
>>> -walter

Sincerely hours,