[SoaS] SoaS v10 TC5 tests with important activities INCLUDED in the standard distribution

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 16:44:54 EST 2013

Hi Jean,

> JUKEBOX ========================================================

Please strip out the details of the older versions, once a new version
comes out the old information only confuses, details will be in the
list archives.

> TC5---> Jukebox.activity appears in /usr/share/sugar/activities
> TC5---> Jukebox DOES NOT appear in the user window (icons OR list)

It appears in both on mine when testing (same image but x86_64)

> READ ============================================================

> TC3---> Original read-92 appears in /usr/share/sugar/activities
> TC3---> BUT does not appear on the user screen [F3 key]
> TC3--->
> TC3---> read-92 installed later on by terminal [does not start]
> TC3---> BUT can be updated automatically to read-111
> TC3--->
> TC3---> read-111 updated from read-92 seems to work [ok]

We've never shipped v92 with this release of SoaS so I have no idea
where your getting this from

> TC5---> Read.activity appears in /usr/share/sugar/activities
> TC5---> Read DOES NOT appear in the user window (icons OR list)

It appears in both on mine when testing

> TC5---> Integrated write_94 seems to work [ok]
> TC5---> BUT sometimes there are PROBLEMS with spelling texts (-> quit)
> TC5---> and saving texts (-> impossible to quit).

There's a known problem with saving but I'm yet to see a fix.