[SoaS] Sugar on a Stick Meeting on Monday at 1900 UTC

pbrobinson at gmail.com pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 10:54:23 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Mel Chua <mel at melchua.com> wrote:
> I'm going to have to miss today's meeting, but as an update on my task
> from last week: http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1798#comment:22
>
> In short, we're on our own wrt liveusb-creator hacking between now and
> Alpha freeze, and really need a willing hacker to spec out - say, a
> 3-4 hour code dive in the next few days, and take the notes in that
> ticket and perhaps pbrobinson and bernie and mtd in an IRC channel -
> and jump in, ask questions, spec things out, hack, see what's
> possible, how far they can get, what needs to happen to get the rest
> of the way. We need a Python coder with some operating system
> knowledge, I think, to just do this - I know I can't.

I met up with mtd in the last week so I'm now up to speed and we're on
the same page there. I can help out as much as possible. I've been
hoping to hash out and  test an initial bash script with the core
requirements/steps in it but I moved house at the beginning of the
month and don't have proper Broadband yet to deal with downloads so
this has been somewhat delayed.

Cheers,