[SoaS] Direct SoaS

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Tue Jan 19 18:38:25 EST 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 04:03, Daniel Clark <dclark at pobox.com> wrote:

> There are a few ways people could try to get this working by also
> having a small NTFS partition on the stick with some software that
> would let Windows somehow use the ext3 partition:
>
> 1. ext3 filesystem access - several programs
> http://www.howtoforge.com/access-linux-partitions-from-windows

Good. We could put docs on the NFTS/FAT partition explaining how to use
them.

> 2. coLinux
> http://www.colinux.org/

This seems to be one of the best options. I did some googling, and was able
to find http://portableubuntu.demonccc.com.ar/en/ject, which was a portable
USB Ubuntu system running in CoLinux. We'd need to tweak the setup of the X
server, but it looks like this might be the most viable path.

3. Maybe qemu (caroline also expressed interest in QEMU-Puppy type
> functionality)
> http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/qemupuppy/

This will probably be very very slow.

--