[SoaS] Sugar on a Stick builds are broken. boots thru firstboot; then starts x ends up with blank screen with X cursor no gdm or sugar login ---been that way over 10 days....

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon Aug 30 10:38:34 EDT 2010

On 08/30/2010 02:43 PM, pbrobinson at gmail.com wrote:
> Yes, Its a know problem that I'm actually looking at now. There's been
> alot of changes in Fedora 14 over the last couple of weeks with
> various major upstream changes which has caused some major churn. I
> hope to have it fixed in the next couple of days but I can't promise
> anything as work is extremely busy at the moment.
>
> Peter

Fwiw, the logs do point to an SELinux issue. Peter, is there a bug
already filed?

In the meantime, to test sugar, you can go back to an old version and
update just the sugar packages:

yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing sugar sugar-toolkit
sugar-datastore sugar-presence-service sugar-artwork telepathy-salut
telpathy-gabble

Regards,
    Simon