[SoaS] [SugarClone]

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 11:37:14 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Thomas C Gilliard <
satellit at bendbroadband.com> wrote:

> I added these files to opened cd on desktop of my Dell 520n desktop by
>
>  drag drop into opened USB
>
>  modified_livecd-iso-to-disk
> newSugarStick
> transferSugarImage
> SugarClone
>
> Downloaded from http://people.sugarlabs.org/fgrose/
> Properties/permissions changed to allow executing file as program
>
> Sucessfully made customized copy to second 2 GB Firefly USB by entering

command in booted soas-i386-20100418 USB

> sugar-terminal:
>
> /mnt/live/SugarClone
>
> <record 66-3 worked in copy also>
>
> these 4 files need to be included in the soas spin.......

Only 2 files are needed,
modified_livecd-iso-to-disk
SugarClone

I've removed the others.

Even those will be replaced soon with updates.

Folks should remember that these files are for testing purposes.
Please be advised.
Yesterday, I had to reformat one of my USB drives because it got
corrupted when a loop-mounted filesystem failed to close on
shutdown during testing.

The scripts are not supposed to overwrite device data unless
requested.
               --Fred