[SoaS] soas02.iso and zyx-liveinstaller 16-1 testing

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Wed Oct 28 22:21:48 EDT 2009

Doug;

I downloaded and tested 16-1 tonight:

1.)Sandisk Cruzer 4GB  USB
formatted as single partition ext2:
/  and /boot selected to sda1 (no swap)
installs fine and finishes
BUT:
boot: error 17 (does not boot)
   and
isolinux.bin missing or corrupt
(I tested this 2 times)

2.) 2GB SD Sandisk SD
/boot 97.2
/       1.70Gib
Error: installer back-end failed zyx-liveinstaller-cli:error
target root size -1847475 (kb) is less than live root size 2097152 (kb)

3.)  Sandisk Cruzer 4GB USB
     /boot 97.2   ext2   (100)
     /    greater than 3000  ext3   (balance of device)
    (no swap)
Works Fine
-Looks like 2GB SD and some USB's will be too small.
-Need to format in partitioner with /boot and /  (does not yet work on
single partition)
-root partition needs to be at least 2097152 (kb)

Thanks for all of your work on this.
Cordially;

Tom Gilliard
satellit