[SoaS] SoaS blueberry experiences

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Mon Dec 21 01:37:12 EST 2009

Hi Sameer,

On 21 Dec 2009, at 03:28, Sameer Verma wrote:

> I have Blueberry on a 4GB stick. I used ZYX Installer and pushed the slider to max (3.1GB I think). So, the overlay file on the stick is 3.1GB but I get "Journal is full" messages and the journal shows 173MB free. Does this sound right?

Hmmm, I'm no expert but the zyx-liveinstaller generates a regular (uncompressed) OS install, not a Live image with overlay. I used zyx-liveinstaller here on a 4Gb allocated VirtualBox VM (went for 100Mb boot partition, 512Mb swap partition, remaining for root partition). Journal reports ~1500 MB is free.

I think the Fedora LiveUSB Creator (for Windows users), liveusb-creator (for Fedora users), or image-writer-mac (for OS X users) is the more expected route to create Live USB images from the ISO:

	http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Blueberry

Regards,
--Gary