[Marketing] Pro-Con on Netbooks for education

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 17:06:46 EDT 2009

very interesting, thanks Caroline

Mr. Bower is I think correct in saying that the "crux of educational
technology... the applications our children use to learn", but he
missed some points:

* netbooks are generally speaking hardier than fullsize laptops, and
some netbooks such as the Dell Latitude 2100 are *really* solid. Fewer
busted laptops=beter uptime

* if and when netbooks do break, they can be replaced at lower cost

* small hands are OK with small keyboards

I found myself agreeing with Mr. Moore... who is currently at Dell
where he is Education Practice Executive ("Shaping strategy and
practice in the K-12 market").

Sean