[Marketing] I: Re: [SoaS] installation fear: supplemental iso/usb files: videos

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 05:14:48 EDT 2009

I've wanted to start two video tracks:

* Introduction to Sugar, its Activities

* "Sugar Boots", Sugar on a Stick booting every netbook PC and Mac I we can find

For the first, I have been blocked by not succeeding in getting
screencam software to work. I am sure this is a solvable problem (I
googled and found half a dozen tools, moreover there is/was an
Activity to do this), but I haven't been able to find the time to do
it.

For the second, I am hoping we can get the whole community behind
doing short films for the Blueberry launch, with the following
scenario: a hand shows a computer and a USB stick, plugs in the stick,
boots Blueberry, attaches a "Sugar Boots" sticker next to whatever
other sticker might be on the machine (Intel, Windows). With a
voiceover saying nice things about Sugar and SoaS during the boot
process.

Sean