[Marketing] Competitive lanscape: $100 DMP Edubook

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Thu Oct 8 03:34:30 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-08 at 09:01 +0200, Sean DALY wrote:
> The DMP Edubook could be a real opportunity for Sugar, because I
> consider it unlikely that Microsoft will want to organize licensing of
> local installation of Windows XP or Windows 7 over component parts.

This absolutely a huge opportunity for SL. Here in Nepal, private
schools frequently ask how they can get laptops for their school and if
we can put the E-Paath content on it.

Additionally, private individuals always ask how they can get X # of
XO's for a random school.

Before I never knew what to tell them because it was and is very
difficult to order XO's in small lots.

But now i will direct them to devices like the EduBook.

Also, devices assembled in-country have an instant political
constituency to lobby for them, the manufacturers who want the contract
to assemble. Assembling in-country also means u will more likely have
trained people who can fix them later.

--
Bryan W. Berry
Senior Engineer