static site feedback: last points

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 09:10:44 EST 2009

Christian - just a few more comments but nothing that should hold back
the site from going live!

* index in the footer: I had misunderstood. By all means keep it in.
However, to avoid user confusion if what they really want is the
homepage (and they don't use the dynamic button on the top or the
logo), perhaps it would be judicious to insert a "home" link before
the "index" link?

* pr address in the footer: could we replace the visible text with
"contact" ? I think that will be cleaner.

* I think the text color on the homepage is not matching the logo
"sugar" color... or if it is, it seems overly bright & dominates the
grey text. Perhaps the colored text could be a shade darker? Would it
help if I made specific web hex color code suggestions?

* Homepage legend: could we put "Sugar Activities" instead of "The
Sugar Experience" ?

* Could we put a rollover caption on the logo: "Sugar Labs - Learning
Software for Children" ?

* Is rearranging the activities a lot of effort? I'm concerned that
"Write" is the very last one on the bottom.... while many parents &
teachers might consider it to be a primary computer task.

* The Sugar User Interface film - is it only available in QuickTime? I
can transcode it into Ogg Theora if that can help.

* the "contributors" link lands on a content-free page :-(

* about overview page: can we replace this text: "it is currently used
by more than 750,000 children worldwide in over 40 countries, with
900,000 projected by the end of 2009." with this text? : "it is
currently used by nearly one-million children worldwide speaking 25
languages in over 40 countries."

thanks