[Marketing] Possible SoaS A0 poster

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Fri Jun 19 09:19:59 EDT 2009

On 06/19/2009 03:06 PM, Sean DALY wrote:
> OK Simon
>
> Yes, I'm planning to arrive Thursday afternoon... it's difficult for
> me to take days off work unfortunately.
>
> At $6-$9 a pop, no we haven't reordered branded sticks. We can revisit
> that when we get more funding. The SoaS image actually fits on a 512
> Mb stick for basic testing purposes, I have ten or so plain ones I can
> load and hand out to contacts. Stores in Brussels aren't selling
> unbranded sticks under 4 Gb any more and I haven't had the time to
> order 50 or 100 online.

I bought 2GB sticks here in Berlin for a 5 each - I am sure one can get
less expensive ones when ordering higher numbers. IMHO we do not need to
hand out sticks at Linuxtag at all. That is why I said that we can offer
flashing facilities and announce that with a simple (even hand drafted)
poster. Improvise ;p

> I will have the banners on Monday, but it would be very expensive to
> express ship one to you in time for Wednesday (they are heavy with the
> metal bases). We can certainly look at other poster designs, but that
> means someone needs to do the design (suitable for printing large
> format). You could go down to the copy shop today and have posters
> ready on Monday, or even a vertical poster of one of the booth banner
> designs, why not do that?

Right, that was my plan :) I only need one poster until you arrive -
absolutely no need to send something around. I am just about to head off
to the shop and ask for the poster and the flyers - what they price they
can offer. I am not ready with the flyer design yet.

> The beauty shots session with the XOs and netbooks has been delayed,
> it's in that photo that we will mix branded and unbranded sticks. The
> press release will also make it clear that any 1Gb stick will do.
>
> As far as I know our facility to flash sticks will be our netbooks in
> the booth, right?

Right, that was my idea.

> The launch event of SoaS will be in the media... but it will be
> datelined Berlin with our booth number so LinuxTags attendees who see
> it will come see us.

Ok cool.

> I am still hoping to have t-shirts ordered and delivered to you
> directly, Spreadshirt claims they can turn around a hand-screened
> order in 48 hours.

Gah - I forgot about the t-shirts completely. Ok, will add it to our wiki.

> My priorities today are 1) the press release as today is the deadline,
> 2) flyers (in English) which I hope to get done by tomorrow morning.

Ok, I am currently working on the german version of the flyer. Will let
you know how it goes.

> Do we have any news about demoing Sugar collaboration on the netbooks,
> which seems to be forbidden since no access points are permitted? And
> the two large tables for demos, will there be a big screen or
> projector on the back wall we can use?

No news on that front :/ I will let you know as soon as I hear something.

Thanks for following up that quickly,
    Simon