logo idea

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Sun Jan 18 12:08:06 EST 2009

Bryan Berry wrote:
> The acorn and dandelions are quite pretty. Do you mean them to symbolize
> particular ideas? like the acorn as the seed of knowledge?

Trees are usually symbolic of knowledge, acorns as youth/children (and,
I suppose, the potential to grow into knowledge... so the seed of
knowledge metaphor is pretty apt.)

Dandelions are flowers usually associated with children (that I've seen,
anyway - kids will appreciate them a lot more than adults usually do).
They're hardy little buggers, sprouting just about everywhere - and
dandelion heads, when you blow on them, explode outwards from a central
source (exploring with Sugar?) to go "fwooosh!" and thousands of seeds
go sailing out across the world. That's if you're being super-symbolic.
I also just happen to like dandelions. I spent many summer afternoons as
a tiny kid running through the drainage ditch by my house, blowing
dandelion seeds, to the horror of pretty much every gardener in the
neighborhood. They're like guerrilla flowers.

All these logos would obviously need to be redrawn and recolored by
someone with more artistic talent than I have. ;) I purposefully kept
them simple/outline+fill so that we could recolor them as needed.

--Mel