[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] [SLOBS] [SLOB] meeting reminder and time change

Alex Perez aperez at alexperez.com
Fri Jul 6 14:02:18 EDT 2018

Lionel,

I confess that I find this "do you really need me there?" style of
thinking rather unfortunate, and personally believe that any SLOB member
should feel obligated to attend the monthly meetings, unless something
specific is preventing you from doing so. It was a clear obligation when
you chose to become a member of the Oversight Board, was it not?
11PM/2300 is certainly an inconvenient time to be asked to attend a
meeting you aren't sure has anything relevant for you, so here

We all have real lives, and meeting across many times zones can be
nearly impossible. I get that the new time is even more inconvenient for
you than the originally-scheduled time, but I still believe that it is
really important to have as many board members present, if possible. Is
there anything you want discussed, that isn't on the agenda?

There is one additional item I would like to propose discussion of at
today's meting, and that is the Sugar Labs PR page. Back in April, Sean
Daly mentioned on the SL Marketing mailing list that he was still listed
as a PR/Press contact, and expressed a desire for that to be fixed. I
just managed to take care of that, but would like to propose that either
someone else can be found to be assigned this task, or the page, located
at https://sugarlabs.org/press.

This page is woefully out of date; The latest item listed under the
Press Resourecs section is over four years old, and there is a much more
up-to-date page on the wiki at
https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Current_Events, which should
probably be considered as the source of truth for such activities.

In Sean's original e-mail [1], he wrote:

>>/
/>>/  You may also want to consider publishing some PR milestones now and then,
/>>/  with the most recent communiqué dating from 2014 any journalist might
/>>/  assume the project is faltering.The GSOC projects are naturals. Social
/>>/  media is great, but poor in terms of distinguishing important events from
/>>/  ongoing activity.
/>>/
/

[1] https://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/marketing/2018-March/004100.html

Respectfully,
Alex Perez
Sugar Labs Systems Team Volunteer

> Lionel Laské <mailto:lionel.laske at gmail.com>
> July 6, 2018 at 2:52 AM
> Hi Walter,
>
> Not sure to be around.
> Is there something specific on the agenda ?
>
>      Lionel.

> July 5, 2018 at 9:50 AM
> We have our regular Sugar Labs Oversight Board meeting scheduled for
> Friday, 6 July. Unfortunately I have a conflict at 20:00 UTC. Can we
> meet at 21:00 UTC?
>
> regards.
>
> -walter
> --