[IAEP] Code of Conduct Motion to add Anti-harassment policy - Sugar Labs

Hilary Naylor hnaylor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 18:34:17 EDT 2017

Hi James and all,

It appears to me that the phrase "run to Mommie" (or "mommy" as is more
common) is a perfect example of your first scenario.  It just doesn't mean
what the translation probably implies "run to your mother." I quick review
of the phrase in Google (in English) illustrates how it is used (not that
it is polite, but it has nothing to do with anyone's mother).
   I'd suggest that the first rule of multi-cultural, multi-lingual e-lists
like this one should be "no English idioms"!

thanks
Hilary