[IAEP] [SLOBS] URGENT action needed

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Tue Aug 15 00:51:04 EDT 2017

Thanks Karen for please responding to these 3 emails I sent you when
possible:

- July 12 subject line "Donation from Facebook" [paperwork required so
donations can flow to Sugar Labs]
- Aug 4 subject line "Donation from Facebook" [paperwork required so
donations can flow to Sugar Labs]
- Aug 9 subject line "Samson Goddy asks for visa supporting docs for GSoC
visit to USA" [so that his visa is less likely to be denied, as happened
around mid-June with the French Embassy]

If possible, a response would also be appreciated to this email sent to
accounting at sfconservancy.org :

- Aug 4 subject line "ACTION REQUIRED: GCI Grand Prize Trip and Org
Donations - Sugar Labs" [how do we work together to recover $9400 promised
by Google to accounting at sfconservancy.org on April 14?]

Separately it would be extremely helpful if SFConservancy can clarify all
accounts that today continue have access to Sugar Labs' financials, and
whether it would (presumably) be very wise to deprecate several ancient
such accounts known to be created in 2008-to-2015.

Additionally can SFConservancy assist providing svn credentials to any
person(s) that the Sugar Labs Oversight Board chooses to be trustworthy
enough have live ongoing & historical access to Sugar Labs' financial
records.  I'd personally motion for Laura Vargas to have such access, and
hope that other SLOBS members could confirm such in a vote during the
coming week, so that SFConservancy can then proceed if Laura Vargas is
indeed dedicating herself to this intensive task.

PS if other Board members also require detailed financial access to all
records since 2008 (now or in future) and are fully willing to stand up to
all associated responsibilities (including spending extensive time learning
the "ledger" command and protecting privacy of all) then please make that
known.

Finally thank you to Karen Sandler for pointing out that Sugar Labs
Election/Membership Committee could probably do substantially better
communicating election candidates & results @
https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/2016-2017-candidates (or
similar) as was done in all prior years:

https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/2015-2016-candidates
https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/2014-2015-candidates
https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/2013-2014-candidates
https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/2012-2013-candidates