[IAEP] [SLOBS] URGENT action needed

Samson Goddy samsongoddy at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 09:28:50 EDT 2017

Thank you Adam for the wonderful reply.

On Aug 13, 2017 2:10 PM, "Adam Holt" <holt at laptop.org> wrote:

Because Samson Goddy is our close friend and clearly should go to San
Francisco for GSoC, it is tempting to send him a personal loan.

But for Sugar Labs to provide loans to our personal friends is a dangerous
precedent frought with moral and ethical hazards.

As such, personally my conscience forces me to abstain from all such
matters.

A quick question.. I am trying to undertsand some comments on this motion.

I believe this is not the first time Google is giving money to Sugar Labs
and i am pretty sure i am not the first person from Sugar Labs to attend
GSOC summit.

Why is this an issue, for SL to approve so SFC can give me travel advance?

Dont Google pay for the travels?

Why i am asking these questions is because i haven't seen such  comments on
previous travels and i certainly dont understand why it is happening now,
at least eating up time when i should be scheduling for interview with the
US embassy.

I strongly encourage others to provide Samson the $627.05 personal loan he
in fact does need, if Sugar Labs cannot.

*It will make a gigantic difference, and you will have a friend for life in
Samson Goddy, who is likely to move forward accomplishing truly incredible
things in his life.*

Thanks for this note.