[IAEP] Today's meeting topic: Financial report first quarter 2017 by mail

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Fri Aug 4 18:28:37 EDT 2017

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 6:04 PM, Adam Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 5:03 PM, Adam Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:
>
>> 1) Detailed Sugar Labs financial info is provided for the entirety of
>> 2016 and 2017-to-date below.  The entirety of Sugar Labs financial info is
>> almost 1/3 of gigabyte as checked out from SFC, so more details can be
>> obtained later this year should finer details be truly necessary, with a
>> finer-toothed comb, to de-identify personal home address and very personal
>> account numbers therein, which make everyone vulnerable to identify theft.
>> Until then, this below provides a very detailed picture of all funds
>> received and spent over the past 19 months.
>>
>> 2) Karen Sandler (SFConservancy Exec Director) and Tony Sebro
>> (SFConservancy General Counsel) have been contacted to see if they can help
>> clear up difficult paperwork Facebook requires to enable donations to Sugar
>> Labs, that Samson Goddy organized 3 weeks ago.  This is not easy but we are
>> hopeful, as Karen & Tony continue to work on this.
>>
>> 3) Bradley Kuhn (SFConservancy President and Distinguished Technologist,
>> as well as de facto Chief Financial Officer) has been contacted to see if
>> Sugar Labs is on track to receive the "$9400" GCI (Google Code-in) gift
>> described in the April 14, 2017 email from Google.  Thanks Walter for
>> forwarding this email originally sent to Bradley and cc'ing Walter Bender
>> to see what next steps are required here.  As there is no sign of this in
>> Sugar Labs' financial ledger to date, and it's getting a bit worrisome
>> given the email says "Funds will be transferred by May 3, 2017" etc.
>>

>> # Balance (remember that 10% of everything has to be paid to
>> SFConservancy)
>>
>> $ ledger -V  -s -S T -d  "T&l<=2" -f sugar.ledger bal
>> '/^(Income|Expenses).*Sugar/'
>>        $ -299,299.52  Income:Sugar
>>         $ 225,716.12  Expenses:Sugar
>> --------------------
>>         $ -73,583.40  *[this balance should appear as a positive number,
>> but accountants have their traditions, be forgiving]*
>>

>> # Listing of current unpaid invoices with amounts   *[I am asking for
>> SFConservancy for clarification on both large amounts below, ideally by
>> responding directly to this email, and if both payments are stuck what we
>> should do about it?!]*
>>
>> $ ledger -f sugar.ledger -V  --group-by 'tag("Invoice")' bal /^Accrued/
>> Financial/Invoices/Google-SoC-2016/2016-11-18_Google-SoC-201
>> 6_omnibus-mentor-pay
>>           $ 6,300.00  Accrued:Accounts Receivable:Sugar

Above was first recorded in ledger 2016-09-12, almost 11 months ago.  How
do we figure out what's blocking this transaction?

> Projects/Sugar/Expenses/GCI-2016/2016-06-10_Google_Sugar_invoice-
>> 2016061000 <%28201%29%20606-1000>_as-s
>>            $ -563.20  Accrued:Accounts Payable:Sugar

Above (seems) to relate to a GCI flight of Mariah Noelle Villarreal's that
was first recorded in the ledger more than 2 years ago on 2015-05-22.
Clues?

> Projects/Sugar/Expenses/GSoC-Mentor-Summit-2013/2013-11-08_D
>> eCausemaker_RIT-invo
>>              $ -0.40  Accrued:Accounts Payable:Sugar
>>

>> # List income/expenses for 2017
>>
>> $ ledger --group-by 'tag("Program")' -V  -s -S T -d  "T&l<=2" -f
>> sugar.ledger bal '/^(Income|Expenses).*Sugar/' -b 2017
>> Sugar:Development
>>           $ 6,500.00  Expenses:Sugar

Above paid to Outreachy (USA) in June 2017.

Sugar:Translations:Guarani
>>             $ 900.00  Expenses:Sugar

Above paid to Martin Oesterreich (Paraguay) in April 2017.

> Sugar:Translations:Spanish
>>              $ 38.00  Expenses:Sugar

Above is a banking fee relating to Edgar Quispe Chambi (Ecuador) Spanish
translation of Turtle Art/Blocks, paid in January 2017.