[IAEP] Back on Task... The 2017 Sugar Labs Mission Statement

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 29 12:58:34 EDT 2017

Hi Tony,

A mission statement needs to be very short and succinct. It should be short enough for you to write it on the back of a business card. The average "Joe" (or Mary, for that matter) doesn't have a clue (or care) who Jean Piaget, Seymour Papert, Cynthia Solomon, or Alan Kay are. It isn't the job of the mission statement to tell them. That is your job, should you decide it is needed.

As for listing all the iterations and forms of Sugar and the tools that support it, simply talking about a "collection of tools" does the job very nicely. If folks want to know more they can ask or look it up or you can tell them. But the mission statement doesn't have to list every flower in our beautiful garden!

Caryl[😊]