[IAEP] [SLOBS] Technical Service Request - Project: Sugar Network

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Fri Apr 21 18:38:38 EDT 2017

> On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 3:03 PM, Laura Vargas <laura at somosazucar.org>
> wrote:
>

>> As I have come to understand I, Laura was ineligible to vote according to
>> the Conflict of Interest Policy of Conservancy.
>>
>> So, we had 6 eligible votes with the following results during the voting
>> period by email:
>>
>> 3 votes on favor (Ignacio, Samson and Lionel)
>> 1 vote against (Walter)
>> no votes received from Adam and Sameer (count as abstentions)
>>

> I think we can wait a bit longer for Adam and Sameer to register their
> votes.

I believe you are wrong Walter. From [1]:

"The headlines are the date that the motion is agreed, disagreed, or - in
the case of motions to be voted on via email within 7 days of posting which
did not get voted on - failed by timing out."

For me it is clear SLOBs that when a motion gets seconded, SLOBs are called
to take a decision and communicate by email within 7 days of the posting.

Lionel posted the Motion on April 13 plus 7 days, votes counted until April
20.

Sameer and Adam failed to vote on time.

[1] https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Decisions

Laura