[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] 2017 Goals for Sugar Labs

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Mon Apr 10 14:45:26 EDT 2017

Hi Caryl and all,

Last year we - as a community - made the exercise to document a list of
technical and organizational goals here at the wiki:

https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/2016_Goals

It may be the logical start point for an updated version.

As for Objectives, and according with our mission*, earlier this year I
suggested:

[1] To sponsor any motivated, active individuals in need to continue doing
the best they can to support our mission.

[2] To make sure our servers are safe and our systems are distributed.

[3] To maintain domains and trademarks.

As for the official mission I would be on favor of eliminating the
text "Originally
part of the One Laptop Per Child project" just because it is irrelevant.

>From https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Mission

*Mission
<https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Mission#mw-head>
<https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Mission#p-search>

Sugar Labs® <https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Trademark> is a volunteer-driven
member project of Software Freedom Conservancy
<http://www.sfconservancy.org/>, a nonprofit corporation. Originally part
of the One Laptop Per Child project, Sugar Labs coordinates volunteers
<https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Getting_Involved> around the
world who are passionate about providing educational opportunities to
children through the Sugar Learning Platform. Sugar Labs® is supported by
donations and is seeking funding <https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Donate> to
accelerate development.

Regards and looking forward for your comments,

Laura Victoria

--
Laura V.
* I&D SomosAZUCAR.Org*