[IAEP] [SLOBS] Motion to adopt the 2016 vision for Sugar Labs

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Fri Jul 8 23:47:20 EDT 2016

Hi Laura

On Jul 8, 2016 7:50 PM, "Laura Vargas" <laura at somosazucar.org> wrote:

> FWIW Sugar Labs is described at http://sfconservancy.org/members/current/
as follows:

> Sugar is a learning platform that reinvents how computers are used for
education. Sugar's focus on sharing, criticism, and exploration is grounded
in the culture of free software. Sugar Labs' mission is to produce,
distribute and support the use of the Sugar learning platform. Sugar Labs
supports the community of educators and software developers who want to
extend the platform. Sugar is a community project: under the Sugar Labs
umbrella hundreds of software developers and thousands of educators work
together to build, disseminate, and support Sugar.

> We may agree bold text is our mission so we can continue with Strategic
Plannning?

Please do check the thread with Sameer where he lays out a very systematic
and methodological process for defining vision and mission down to goals
and tasks.

As a SLOB and a tenured professor in business studies it seems he will be
leading the process of setting out the SL vision. I'm looking forward to
his next installment in that thread :)