[IAEP] Has Anyone Heard from the Stanford Venture Lab Course

Fred Mindlin fmindlin at techieteacher.com
Tue Oct 16 16:48:57 EDT 2012

I'm not able to login--when I use the password recovery link, and then go
to the "create a new password" screen, no matter how simple or complicated
the password I try, I get this message:

1 error prohibited this user from being saved:
Reset password token can't be blank

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Fred

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  Wow! Thank you John! I followed the link and successfully signed in and
> "Went to class" ( a bit of a delay on that). I have no idea why I haven't
> received the emails, but it recognized my login so something is working
> right.
>
> Caryl
>
> ------------------------------
> From: jtis4stx at hotmail.com
> To: cbigenho at hotmail.com; zachary.clifton at colorado.edu;
> support-gang at laptop.org; iaep at lists.sugarlabs.org; olpc-socal at laptop.org
> Subject: RE: [IAEP] Has Anyone Heard from the Stanford Venture Lab Course
> Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 14:43:20 -0400
>

>  Hello All,
> This is the email I received on Friday Oct. 12th:
>
> Hello, and welcome to the Designing a New Learning Environment Course!
> The course TAs and I are *very excited* to learn, imagine, and create
> together over the next 10 weeks. Well,
> it’s actually the next 10 and ½ weeks, because the class will officially
> start on Monday, Oct 15. The *first lecture*,
> Learning Technology Design and Sustainability, is an introduction that
> will take you to schools around the world and
> share some of my goals for this course.
> *The first assignment* is simple but important: first, you should
> introduce yourself, your interests, and your experience
>
> on your personal Profile, your journal (located on your profile), and in
> the course Forums. This will help your classmates
>
> get to know you. Then, find friends who have similar interests as well as
> some different skills than yours. These could
> be useful for forming teams and completing the final project. To
> facilitate this, please login at
> http://venture-lab.org/users/sign_in and visit the class page at
> http://venture-lab.org/education/index
> where you should fill out your personal profile by clicking on your name
> on the menu and choosing profile or going to
> http://venture-lab.org/education/users/edit
> If you are taking other classes on Venture Lab at the same time, some of
> your personal information will be shared among
>
> all classes. However, different classes will be asking for extra
> information. So please fill out your profile in each class separately.
> Feel free to browse the site, add a post in your personal journal or
> answer Pamela's question about the class on the forum at:
> http://venture-lab.org/education/topics/2
> I am asking you questions about your education and professional
> experience, language, how much time you intend to spend on the
>
> course, and a short personal statement for any other key information about
> yourself. This will help you and your teammates find the
>
> right people for help and collaboration during class and for the team
> project—each of us has been involved in some way with education
> and learning environments, which means that each of us has something
> valuable to contribute to this course. *Share it!*
> *Feel free to invite others to join the class.* You can join the course
> [...]

Fred Mindlin
Associate Director for Technology Integration
Central California Writing Project
http://ccwritingproject.org/
http://www.thedigitalstoryteller.com/
"Politics deals in goals and initiatives; art, or at least interesting art,
is a language of doubt and nuance." Holland Cotter, NYTimes, 3-30-08