[IAEP] Home school for dyslexic students

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 17:22:32 EDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 1:23 PM,  <marilyn at ourdyslexicchildren.org> wrote:
> Hi!  I am a lurker who has used Sugar in the classroom and loved it.
>
> Whenever I have posted anything on this list, usually it relates to
> dyslexia.
>
> Some of you may be interested . . . my husband and I have just decided to
> home school our profoundly dyslexic son, Sam.  It is posted at
> http://homeschool.ourdyslexicchildren.org.
>
> We are only a week into it, but I definitely plan to include Sugar
> activities eventually.  Possibly I will have him access his coursework from
> within Sugar.  I don't have it as a hard drive installation here currently -
> only Sugar on a Stick.
>
> As always - thanks to you all for the great work you do.
>
> Marilyn  :)

Dear Marilyn,

I was wondering if you had ever heard of the OpenDyslexia font?  There
is no guarantee that this font will help, but it should be easy enough
to try it.

See the following messages posted to Sugar-devel mailing list.
(install directions in the second message).

http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2012-September/039908.html

http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2012-September/039910.html

http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2012-September/039915.html

cjl