[IAEP] Turtle Blocks question

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 07:11:56 EDT 2012

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 11:59 PM, Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn
<alanjas at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 14:18:10 -0400
>> Subject: Re: [IAEP] Turtle Blocks question
>> From: walter.bender at gmail.com
>> To: gerald.ardito at gmail.com
>> CC: alanjas at hotmail.com; iaep at lists.sugarlabs.org;
>> support-gang at laptop.org; davidson.iain at gmail.com; forster at ozonline.com.au
>

>> On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Dr. Gerald Ardito
>> <gerald.ardito at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Walter,
>> >
>> > I have been testing it out this afternoon. It works really well.
>> > I only have one We Do here, so I can't test out if it sees different
>> > devices.
>> >
>> > There is one quirky thing. When the script is running a motor, the Stop
>> > icon
>> > disappears. Then, if you use ctrl-s to stop the script, the blocks
>> > disappear.
>>
>> You could just keep a motor=0 block around... I suppose I could
>> auto-stop the motor when the program stops executing, but I think that
>> might limit the utility somewhat. (The Stop Button is for the Turtle
>> Art program, not the WeDo motor.)
>
> In the Nxt Plugin (and the Butia) I add the "stop motors" in the stop of the
> Turtle.
> When the robot is "crazy" and you want to stop it, the best way (beyond turn
> off) is
> click on the stop button off the Turtle.
>
> The WeDo plugin have the "stop motors" function: when you click on the
> "stop"
> of the turtle, the WeDo motor is stopped??

Not quite so simple in the current version of Turtle Art, since the
stop button becomes the hide block button when the program finishes
execution. So, while it would work in a program that has a forever
block, a program that simply turns on the motor will be a problem, as
per Gerald's explanation.

-walter

--
Walter Bender