[IAEP] [support-gang] Turtle Blocks question

Kevin Mark kevin.mark at verizon.net
Fri Oct 5 01:55:21 EDT 2012

--- On Thu, 10/4/12, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [support-gang] [IAEP] Turtle Blocks question
To: "Dr. Gerald Ardito" <gerald.ardito at gmail.com>
Cc: "iaep" <iaep at lists.sugarlabs.org>, "support-gang" <support-gang at laptop.org>
Date: Thursday, October 4, 2012, 10:46 PM

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 10:43 PM, Dr. Gerald Ardito
<gerald.ardito at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have been playing with the Turtle Blocks plugins for Follow Me, We
> Do Robots, Lego Mindstorms, and Arduino. They installed perfectly in
> Turtle Blocks (as expected).
>
> I have two questions:
> 1. I will need to install Turtle Blocks and these plugins on 25-50
> XO-1s. Do I have to do the plugins one by one on each machine?

TurtleBot comes with all of the above plugins pre-installed.
It is also possible to create a special spin of Turtle Art with just
the plugins you want (several deployments do this and I could walk you
through the process)

> 2. How do I go about requesting plug in(s) for the TI Launchpad?

I need to know more about how to talk to the TI Launchpad and what
sorts of interactions between it and TA you are looking for.

I have a TI Launch pad. Its a microcontroller board with 2 sample MSP430 microcontrollers. This is different than the Atmel microcontrollers that Arudino uses. Someone is working on a fork of Aurdino software called Energia. I guess you need the MSP430 tool chain to support the launch pad as you would need the atmel tool chain for the Arduino environment. -Kev