[IAEP] Arduino and XO-1

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Fri Oct 5 01:01:29 EDT 2012

> Alan,
>
> Upon doing some research, apparently /dev/ttyACM0 is  the identifier for
> the board.
>
> Do I have to modify the plugin? If so, how do I do this?

in my blogpost i give a link to a dirty hacked version for ttyACM0

This version http://www.box.com/shared/bsf8tmj6al is hard coded to dev/ttyACM0, that means it only works the first time the Leostick is plugged in and not at all for older Arduino boards. It is patched and works on Sugar 0.94.

I cant remember where or what I patched exactly but somewhere in the plugin code it looks for ttyUSBn, n=1,2,3 ..... and I hacked that

It would be good if a more competent programmer than me had it search the ttyUSBn and ttyACMn

Tony