[IAEP] Turtle Blocks question

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 23:12:47 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 10:55 PM, Dr. Gerald Ardito
<gerald.ardito at gmail.com> wrote:
> Walter,
>
> Thanks for the amazingly quick response.
> I see TurtleBot. I would like to learn how to create my own spin, so please
> do walk me through it.

The easiest thing to do is to:
(1) clone the TA project*
(2) load the plugins you are interested in
(3) run setup.py dist_xo to generate a new .xo bundle

* git clone git://git.sugarlabs.org/turtleart/mainline.git

It may be useful to change the version number, for example, 160.1
instead of 160 in activity/activity.info

> I will work more with the Launchpad. So far, it seems very much like the
> Arduino. Once I know more, I will start to talk to you about requirements
> for the plugin.

OK. No hurry as I have my hands full at the moment.

--
Walter Bender
Sugar Labs