[IAEP] Introduction: teacher interested in SOAS

Thomas Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Thu Nov 22 12:13:46 EST 2012

I use the "liveinst" command (fedora anaconda installer) in sugar root
terminal [#  ] to install to a 4 GB USB (with a led activity indicator)
Teach the students to wait for the flashes to stop before removing them.

These USB can be very cheap (I purchased some EMTEC 4GB for $9.95 recently)

Look at this tutorial:
  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Tutorials/Installation/Install_with_liveinst

Other sugar related tutorials are located here:
  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Tutorials

This installs a real file system to the Soas USB. This is a much more
robust form of SoaS Stick.
It does not rely on a frangible persistence file

Tom Gilliard
satellit on #sugar IRC freenode