[IAEP] IAEP Digest, Vol 44, Issue 25

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 23:30:20 EST 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 10:52 AM, Tony Anderson <tony_anderson at usa.net>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have decided to return to Rwanda (I already had the return side of my
> ticket paid). A group in Stuttgart has provided 100 XO-1.5s to the St.
> Jacob's school in Kigali. As a private school, they are not as directly
> bound to Mineduc.
>
> I was pleased to see a strong interest in the educational issues you
> mention here - the first time at a Sugar/OLPC meeting. The immediate focus
> is on establishing an online repository for the lesson plans and content
> bundles that have already been created.
>
> I spend three weeks in Haiti with Adam Holt, Nick Doiron and George Hunt
> at École Shalom. We tried the schoolserver and Learn activity as ways to
> deliver lessons requested by the teachers. While the results were
> encouraging, they proved we are a long way from a production capability to
> deliver courseware.
>
> Christoph Derndorfer is coordinating the effort and I'll see that you are
> included in the emails.
>
> Tony

Tony,

That is excellent news, especially for the children at St. Jacob's!

Please pass along regards to Pedro Cuéllar and Jimmy Intwala at OLPC Rwanda
if/when you see them and thank them for the work they have accomplished so
far on Kinyarwanda L10n and remind them there is always more to do.

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/rw/

cjl