[IAEP] Dyslexia - Cost of Commercial solutions

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Tue May 31 14:16:31 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 2:30 PM, <marilyn at ourdyslexicchildren.org> wrote:

>  Just now I received an email with technology recommendations from Susan
> Barton (who I think is a pretty cool dyslexia advocate) and they total
> between $500 - $1000, depending on what type of RFB&D book reader player you
> choose.
>
> That is why I am so fanatical about getting open source software offerings
> publicised.  Currently, you have to be rich to survive as a dyslexic person.
>
> Booo . . . . Hissss . . . .
>
> Sugar can change all of that!
>
> Marilyn

Probably will take time to have a good solution in Sugar, but a first step
you can do is write a wiki page
with a description of the needs of dyslexic kids and a list of software they
currently use.
Then we (the developers) can see if is possible implement changes in our
actual software or
they need specific software.

Gonzalo