[IAEP] OERs and collaboration

mokurai at earthtreasury.org mokurai at earthtreasury.org
Sun May 15 12:35:08 EDT 2011

On Sat, May 14, 2011 12:08 pm, Valerie Taylor wrote:
> I'm becoming more convinced that the "solution" is a robust index /
> retrieval system. Provide the "big picture" - what OERs are currently
> available, how they map to the Replacing Textbooks vision of
> curriculum for all, what is missing, where there are works in progress
> and the status. This needs to be really up-to-date and easy to update.
> And of course, open software.

I took a quick look in Synaptic to see what sorts of package Ubuntu offers
for these purposes.

Search "repository"

Hyper Estraier is a full-text search system.

Search "document" "database"

couchdb RESTful document oriented database, system DB
mongodb An object/document-oriented database
Monotone A distributed version (revision) control system
SiSU documents - structuring, publishing in multiple formats and search

No doubt there are others.