[IAEP] [SLOBS] PATCH: Remove Decision Panels from our Governance document

Holt holt at laptop.org
Sun May 15 11:26:51 EDT 2011

Excellent analysis Ben:

Community Expertise is one of our strongest assets (eg. Gary Martin on
visual design, eg. Caryl Bigenho on real-world teaching dynamics, etc).

A Decision Panel every few years that honors such Community Thought
Leaders's work & contributions without forcing them into
refenda/electioneering -- while educating all of us around a profoundly
divisive issue -- is a great thing.

Decision Panels serve as wisening checks+balances against executive
drift and gung-ho populism.  Not that i would mind if DP recommendations
were ratified by referendum and/or SLOBS :)

Help kids everywhere map their world, at http://olpcMAP.net !