[IAEP] OLPC in Science-Subjects --- NEED HELP!!!

nanonano at mediagala.com nanonano at mediagala.com
Fri May 13 02:30:55 EDT 2011

/>mokurai at earthtreasury.org wrote:
 >It is straightforward to share Journal entries between XOs.
*>..Printing is not necessary.*
------------------------------------------------------------/

Mr. Mokurai:

MAybe you are an exprert in Education, and Xo, or SUgar development, or
teaching children , but I think that you don't KNow the reality of the
XOs here in Uruguay, or somewhere that the teachers uses XO.

*"Printing is not necessary"* is a very good statement , I agree, but
for the real people (not the theoretical children) is only a statement,
that is almost impossible to apply now. It is like saying "The peace is
better than the war"... is a very good phrase, we all agree, but with
that phrase I can not solve the problems of the world.

The real world exists, and* in the real world the teachers wants to
print.*.  that is a fact, and We can not change it. Maybe in 30 Years
the mind of the Teachers will change, but not now.

MAybe in 30 Years this statement will be true, but now if you told a
TEacher that you can't print  is the same as saying _"don't use the
Xo's. You have a XIX century mind. The XO are made for XXII century
minds only"._..

This is not my opinion, it's simply an observation of the real world
that I see that here in Uruguay: _there are a lot of teachers that don't
Use the XO_ because of lots of problems that it has (there are also
other reasons that are non technical). One of those problems are the
"printing problem".

----------------

You said to "share the Journal".  Excuse me, Mr. Mokurai:_* *_Do you
Know that the MEsh doesn't works?????

 Even if you can share something,  The XOs hangs up, or loose the entire
journal, and the children don't use the journal for "important things",
that's why the teachers wants to print!!!! to have something "hardware"
that works, even if the XO hangs, or the "journal" fails.

I Invite YOu to come to Uruguay to teach us how to share something in a
real classroom with real Children .  NOrmally if YOu would share
something, YOu have to use 30 minutes of an hour-class only for setting
up the connections, and interrupting the class every 10 minutes because
a child  had a disconnection.

Sorry for my poor English.

Paolo Benini
Montevideo