[IAEP] OERs and collaboration

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Thu May 12 16:34:22 EDT 2011

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Valerie Taylor <vtaylor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, it was Tony's blog that got me thinking about how to make
> the wiki entries more additive with templates/forms (rather than
> wiki-style edit everything). His blog entry would be great as a
> "section" or page or link associated with Activity:Turtle Art. More
> connectivity and networking to facilitate retrieval, adoption,
> adaption, contribution and collaboration.
>
> Annotated bookmarks Diigo, Delicious address some of the problems
> associated with making existing OERs retrievable but it is hard to
> limit vocabulary or require all categories types be provided.
>
> I think there is merit in having a public repository like the Sugar
> Labs wiki to encourage educators and others to see what is being done,
> and build on that in a systematic way.

We are not exactly systematic about it, but Tony links to his most
relevant blog posts in the wiki. Please see
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/TurtleArt#Tutorials and
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/TurtleArt/Using_Turtle_Art_Sensors

As far as how to make these posts have more impact, we are open to suggestions.

thanks.

-walter

--
Walter Bender