[IAEP] [SLOBS] In-person SLOBs meeting notes (+my votes)

Sebastian Silva sebastian at somosazucar.org
Mon May 9 15:22:58 EDT 2011

El 09/05/11 11:00, Mel Chua escribió:
> Thanks for taking notes on the SLOBs meeting in-person, folks!
>
> http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/sugar-meeting/meetings/2011-05-08T19:25:35.html
>

> MOTION: A slob (to start with, Bernie) is authorized to approve
> spending tickets filed on the bugtracker up to $200.  For amounts
> larger than this, we still need a full SLOBs motion.
>
> +1 from me, making this a +7 SLOBs unanimous vote. (Please keep
> reporting the under-$200 spends to iaep, please, for transparency!)
>
> MOTION: We will have a Non-binding referendum of the community
> regarding whether Sugar Labs should recommend distributing Sugar
> modules under the GPLv3 or later (instead of the previous GPLv2 or
> later), with individual developers being responsible for deciding
> whether to update the license of the modules that they maintain.
>
> +1 from me, making this a +6 SLOBs vote (icarito absent from the room)
+1

> MOTION: Patch for our Governance page to bring it in line with what
> we're actually doing: http://fpaste.org/JfrD/
>
> +1 from me, making this a +6 SLOBs vote (icarito absent from the room)
Reading the change in http://fpaste.org/JfrD/
<http://fpaste.org/JfrD/>and looking at
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Governance shows two different
things.
The published Governance reads like we are giving the board some power
over governance of Teams, Projects and Local Labs:

"The Oversight Board is responsible for appointing officers with
executive functions. (...)
Existing officers include:
(...)
Team Coordinators
Project Managers
Coordinators of Local Labs <<----"

My comment is that instead, the board should solicit the group the
appointment of a liaison or contact person.

Talking with Walter and Bernie I understand that this was actually the
intention, so the exact wording has changed. Please refer to
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Governance#Officers_and_coordinators
to read the final wording and check.

On a separate note, the word "official", when directly translated to
spanish, has a military connotation so I suggested to call this person a
"delegate" instead.

Under the current version, this gets my +1 with the door open to fix the
wording.
Sebastian

<http://fpaste.org/JfrD/>