[IAEP] [support-gang] How Many XOs?

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Mar 1 07:41:48 EST 2011

Am 01.03.2011 13:36, schrieb Christoph Derndorfer:
> Am 28.02.2011 22:59, schrieb John Watlington:
>>
>> On Feb 23, 2011, at 10:27 AM, Christoph Derndorfer wrote:
>>
>>> I'm still absolutely clueless about the total figures but what I do know
>>> is that Argentina's Conectar Igualdad program
>>> (http://www.conectarigualdad.gob.ar/) will distribute 3 million
>>> Classmate PCs in part of its public secondary school system by the end
>>> of 2012. By late December approximately half a million of them had
>>> supposedly been distributed.
>>
>> According to the web site at the URL provided above, none have
>> been delivered to children as of Feb. 28.
>
> When I was in Buenos Aires in mid-December for a 3-day workshop
> organized by the Argentinian MoE I also met my former Argentinian host
> brother and his cousin who had received their Classmate PCs in late
> November.
>
> So I know that at least two of them have actually been distributed (and
> no, this time not based on dubious information from Kigali;-)
>
>> We continue to hear that Classmates are being deployed, but nobody
>> can provide concrete information about where and how many.
>
> I'll get in touch with some people in Buenos Aires to try and figure out
> what the current figure there is.

Okay, just found
http://www.conectarigualdad.gob.ar/sobre-el-programa/evaluacion-y-seguimiento/informe-de-avance-de-entregas/
which supposedly provides the number of distributed netbooks and is
updated on a weekly basis.

The count as of today is 358,227.

And that half a million figure I had mentioned earlier in the thread is
the goal of the first distribution phase not the number handed out by
December. Mea culpa! :-/

Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer