[IAEP] [support-gang] FW: [OLPC Bolivia] No logro aprender Sugar / I cannot learn Sugar

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Wed Jun 15 17:39:57 EDT 2011

> When the majority of classes are using the
> Browse activity (did we hear something like 70-80% ? ) it sounds like it
> would be wise to discuss ChromeOS and browser-based applications, possibly
> using a modern browser such a Webkit.

I seem to have heard that the current Browse Activity does not even have
a maintainer assigned to it.  That is a problem of resource availability
   Would introducing (and deploying, and maintaining) something like
ChromeOS reduce the load on the resources available ?

I myself run a whole suite of Browsers on my XOs.  For the websites I
normally visit, there is very little difference among these browsers
(that includes Browse).  In particular, I have found neither the Chrome
browser nor the Midori browser (which is Webkit based) to have better
performance than Browse (when Browse has a good Flash plugin installed).
[The joker is Opera - its performance varies - sometimes it's the best.]

mikus