[IAEP] OER University (was Fwd: [WikiEducator] UNESCO version ofthe press release)

Ian Thomson IanT at spc.int
Wed Feb 9 01:49:04 EST 2011

Did you see the press about the Virtual Africa University?
Very interesting as they have open resources in English, French and Portuguese. Great resources for students and teachers with OLPC and Internet

Snip

Dear All,
I am writing to inform you that the African Virtual University (AVU) has launched its OER interactive portal http://oer.avu.org/  . The portal named OER at AVU is available in 3 languages: English, French and Portuguese. The portal is expected to host some 219 commissioned AVU courses: mathematics, physics, biology, chemistry, teacher education professional courses, and ICT in education. More than 100 videos will be available as well. We are still uploading the resources.

We are proud to see Africa contribute to global knowledge and would like to thank the African Development Bank who believed in AVU and who funded this initiative.

Please spread the news in your network.

Best regards,
______________________
                  .
Bakary Diallo, Ph.D
Rector/ Recteur

African Virtual University/Université Virtuelle Africaine
Cape Office Park (opp. Yaya Center)
Ring Road, Kilimani
PO Box 25405 - 00603
Nairobi, Kenya.