[IAEP] Write: The file 'abc.odt' is corrupt and therefore cannot be opened. LibreOffice can try to repair the file...

Yamaplos . yamaplos at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 06:31:29 EST 2011

Chris,

I do certainly believe Martin.

What I missed somewhere (thanks!) is the AbiWord connection, about
which I of course did know in an earlier life :-) but I had forgotten.

I actually had no idea Abiword was supposed to deal with ODT - I was
following this in the RTF days.

Nevertheless, it's still problematic. OOO is default install, and
moreover is default for ODT. Setting up Abiword is another hurdle for
less experienced folks. Even worse for windows-hampered ones.
Hopefully we can find a solution that lets us pass around standard
files.

All in all, I'm coming to believe that idea that Write output HTML is
pure genius, and might deserve some thought...
For one VERY important thing (so far mostly forgotten), it would
establish Styles as THE default work process. Styles is what separates
the men from the boys in terms of editing texts, and the fact that we
are not making it so really grates my educator feelings.

As to Aymara, walisuma, and best to everyone involved.  Otherwise
things in Bolivia are not moving much - a lot of machines were lost to
government intrusion, and I feel there's extremely little I can do at
this time except encourage a very few individuals that have kept the
faith and a few XOs, especially the University club and Norman's
outfit in Oruro.

That said, I will try to follow up with Martin and see if I can be
more effective, besides reporting problems, which at least hopefully
has its use..

Thank you!

Yama