[IAEP] Help needed..

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Sat Aug 13 23:21:55 EDT 2011

I would suggest Chat as a way to test sharing.

Here is a simplified step by step to get you going.....

Start Chat in the F3 Ring of applications of sugar
-click on the Chat top bar (O with a single dot )
-Set it to sharing by selecting the (O with multiple dots) that drops
down under your mouse.
-It will connect as it counts down
-type your message in the bottom left part of the window; hit return (
Enter)
*At this time a chat icon should appear in your f1 Network neighborhood
_If you click on it you can rejoin it.
*Anyone else connected to the jabber (or ad-hoc network) will also be
able to join this chat by clicking on it in their F1 Network
Neighborhood screen.
-Messages typed on your chat will appear on anyone else's chat that has
connected to it, and visa-versa.

Enjoy : )

(I also find Turtle Art and Write work well. In this case both users
have their own (2 independent instances) line of type or  turtle that
shows on both shared sugars.)
Note: Invites do not always work, it depends on the versions of sugar
being used.

Tom Gilliard
satellit on #sugar Freenode IRC