[IAEP] Funding team?

Sebastian Silva sebastian at somosazucar.org
Fri Aug 12 21:41:58 EDT 2011

Earlier this year there was discussion about forming a "Financial Team".
I'm not sure exactly if a team is required, but formalizing mechanisms
for projects like translations and content, research or development, to
look for funds - sounds like an excellent idea. We (local labs) have
been thinking and talking for a long time about a "project bank" where
projects could be tracked in a platform for funding, as well as
requirements and funding could be gathered in bounties or calls for
proposals (the other way around).

I'm cc'in Laura who has been thinking about the design of such a system
for a long time.
What do you think? Maybe funding for developing such a platform is one
of the first things to consider?

Regards,
Sebastian