[IAEP] Fwd: [Sugar-devel] SugarCamp in Paris -- save the date: September 9th-10th-11th, 2011

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 05:41:35 EDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Christoph Derndorfer <
christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Bastien <bzg at altern.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Sasha,
>>
>> Sascha Silbe <silbe at sugarlabs.org> writes:
>>
>> > Excerpts from Christoph Derndorfer's message of Fri Jul 08 16:31:24
>> +0200 2011:

>> > I'm going to join the fun (and hard work!) as well, but still need
>> > accomodation. It would be nice to share an apartment with some fellow
>> > Sugar hackers, preferably with snore-proof walls for the bedrooms. ;)
>>
>> Great :)
>>
>> > Assistance from a local resident with organising a suitable location
>> > would be much appreciated. (Non-alcoholic) German beer perhaps? :)
>>
>> I suggest looking for a hotel near Gare du Nord:
>>

>> http://maps.google.com/maps/place?q=gare+du+nord+paris&hl=en&cid=14493091528920011811
>>
>> There is this nice youth hostel:
>>
>>  http://www.woodstock.fr/
>>
>> (Not snore-proof though...)
>>
>> And this hotel, just in front of it:
>>
>>  http://www.paris-hostel.biz/france/hotel-pas-cher-paris.html
>>
>> There are much more, but these are the ones I know.  If I get
>> more requests from people looking for a place to stay, I will
>> try to make a group reservation.
>>

> While I like the Woodstock name and music on their Web site the second one
> seems to be a better deal.
>
> In the Woodstock hostel each night in a 10-people dorm costs €28,40 whereas
> the second hostel offers 3-people rooms with their own shower and toilet for
> €29 (http://www.paris-hostel.biz/france/hotel-bon-marche-paris.html).
> That's of course all assuming that my limited French skills are confusing me
> here;-)

Okay, I just saw that according to http://www.woodstock.fr/rates.php the
Woodstock also offers doubles for €31 (weekends) / €28 (weekdays) however
they might be full already since the reservation search doesn't show them
for my dates (Sept. 9 to 14).

Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer